The 12-step treatment program is an integral part of effective therapy adopted by the rehab centers to drive away addiction to any unhealthy substance. Alcohol or any other health affecting substance needs to be avoided.
Since few decades substance abuse has become a major issue, thus effective treatment to cure addiction permanently has become the prime concern of State Health department as well as society.
One of the most effective therapies used is the 12-step treatment. This curing process has helped people addicted to substance abuse. This is mainly self-help process recognized by the community recovering help providing centers. The adapted thoughts of the people have become the foundation principles, which are the first firm step taken towards recovery.
In brief about 12 steps program:
- Admitting that we have become helpless before the addiction. The consumption of the substance is quite unmanageable.
- We believe that only a great power can restore us to lead a normal stable life.
- We seek help of almighty to enhance our will power to lead a good life.
- Need to follow fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- We admit our wrong doings before God, our fellow beings and accept it ourselves.
- We seek God’s help to remove all the defects in our behavior and character.
- Ask the almighty to erase the non favor temper and bad behavior of us.
- Note down the names of people whom you have not treated well to ask forgiveness.
- Making immediate amends whenever we hurt someone due to irrational behavior.
- Try to find fault in ourselves to rectify the wrong doings.
- Find peace in meditation and prayers and find paths to get connected with God. Striving to follow the teaching of Almighty and pray to gain power to do fellow service.
- Practice the principles learned through prayers.
This kind of adaptation techniques help in finding the lost determination to let go the bad influence in life and habituate good happenings in life. The programs are mainly coordinated by people, who were determined to seek means to leave addiction behind. The kind of behavior ethics help other addicted persons to find ways to reconnect with their near ones and to lead normal life.
How this kind of programs is beneficial for addicted individuals?
The main motto of formatting such programs is to help people suffering from adverse effects of abusing non-healthy substances. The person conducting such programs are educated, have experience and the desire to serve others, so that they can overcome severe addiction issues.
Most often it has been observed that people favoring alcohol in large quantity or consuming other health jeopardizing substances are unaccepted in the society. They lead a solitary life, which plays a great role in excessive addiction and this may even lead to the death of the addicted person.
The well acclaimed rehabs in CT believe in following a program that helps their patients to find a new path leading to peace of soul by eradicating the need to stay addicted to drugs or alcohol.